Student Government Association is dedicated to being the voice for Ave Maria students. We're going to do everything we can to make this school excellent.
We've strived to live up to that mission statement all year. The Council has worked tirelessly to accomplish meaningful results based on your input. It's been an incredible year.
Here are some of our proudest moments:
- Council processes dramatically improved. Over 87% more bills were processed this year through our new system, meaning more students were able to do more things.
- Development succeeded in implementing Project STOVE renovations to over 15 common spaces.
- AveBlue leaped forward with the implementation of recycling and water bottle fillers in the dorms.
- Before the year began, we replaced and doubled the amount of pool furniture and invested in landscaping improvements around the dorms.
- Public Relations increased our following and promoted various campaigns, including student spotlights, Humans of Ave, and Meet Your Reps.
- Culture put on exceptional events like Ave's Got Talent, All Saints' Day, St. Patrick's, the Feast of the Annunciation, and Senior Week.
- The Catholic Council Network expanded from 4 to 7 schools and hosted two conferences for leaders to meet and talk about ideas, one of which was at Ave!
During my campaign, I ran on the following platform:
We recognize much room for improvement, however, I also feel as though we accomplished many of these goals. I'm incredibly proud of this year's team of representatives, who saw the vision and raced to make it happen. These reps put in countless hours so that Ave Maria would strengthen. Their hard work made for a truly incredible year. Read through our other reports below to learn more about all the things we've been up to.
I cannot express my gratitude to you enough for allowing me to serve as your representative. This position has been the highest honor of my time at Ave Maria. I'm optimistic on the path ahead. The new SGA Administration is excited to get to work and develop the future of the Council. I excitedly look forward to what's on the horizon, and I wish the new Council only the best.