Details & Commitments
Positions and Requirements
- There are six elected Exective Board positions for the 2018-19 school year.
- SGA President
- SGA Vice President
- SGA Treasurer
- SGA Secretary
- SAB President
- SAB Vice President
- There are three Class Representative positions per class for the 2018-19 school year.
- Freshman (elected Fall 2018)
- All members of SGA must maintain a GPA of 2.5 or higher.
Filing and Campaigning
- Candidates must file to run and be approved to run by the Director of Student Life before campaigning.
- Once approved, posters must be brought to the office of Bryant Morin, on the second floor of the Bob Thomas Student Union, for approval. Any flyers posted without prior approval will be taken down and discarded.
- Posters may not include the name of other candidates for the same office.
- Candidates are required to give a speech.
- Ballots are done in electronic form at a polling place as designated by the Director of Student Life. This polling place is usually inside the Bob Thomas Student Union.
- Candidates may not campaign within 25 feet of the polling place.
- All students (including seniors) may vote for Executive Board positions. Only students returning in the fall may vote for Class Representative positions. Students must be present to vote.
Council members have one all-council meeting (~1.5 hours) every two weeks and one committee meeting (~1 hour) per week. Outside of meetings, representatives are expected to give 5-10 hours of their time working on projects.
Representatives are expected to make connections with staff members, be flexible, help classmates solve problems, launch initiatives to improve campus, and be energetic ambassadors for the university. They are expected to always be a representative of the university and its mission.