Details & Commitments
Positions & Requirements
- There are four Executive Board and three Class Representative positions per class for the 2017-18 school year.
- All members of SGA must maintain a GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- The four Executive Board positions are: President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary.
- Candidates for President and Vice President must have served at least one semester on the Council to run.
- Candidates for Class Representative must be a rising-student of the class they are running for.
- The two elected Executive Board positions for Student Activities Board are President and Vice President.
Filing & Campaigning
- Candidates must file to run and be approved to run by the Director of Student Life before campaigning.
- Once approved, posters may be brought to the office of Martin Doman, on the second floor of the student union, for approval.
- Posters may not include the name of other candidates for the same office.
- Candidates are required to give a speech.
Council members have one all-council meeting (~1.5 hours) and two committee meetings (~30 minutes each) per week. Outside of meetings, representatives are expected to give 5-10 hours of their time working on projects.
Representatives are expected to make connections with staff members, be flexible, help classmates solve problems, launch initiatives to improve campus, and be energetic ambassadors for the university. They are expected to always be a representative of the university and its mission.